Search for product guides, answers, blogs, release notes, and more:
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2,097,970 members
473,951 posts

See what's happening in the Community

Read the lastest Community news and updates. Be informed about updates from our product teams. Catch up on trending discussions.

Assuming you are a teacher, this is easy. Students can not download copies of old courses. Your old Canvas courses might be there, under "Courses" (on the right) then under "All Courses" (at the top of the pop-up menu that appears.) Most schools neve...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm trying to understand. You're an administrator using a Blueprint Canvas Course to share content to your instructors. You are listed in Canvas as an instructor in the Blueprint course, and your teachers are listed as observers. And you think one of...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Isn't this forum for questions about Canvas? Is there a place for how-to guides?

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When I am building a quiz with the New Canvas Quizzes, and I am adding a question, I see a checkbox for "Spell-check." It is just below the checked box for "Rich-Content Editor" in the screen shot below. Would that work for You?

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Problem statement: I created a Canvas quiz using the New Quizzes. I asked my students to sort 12 items into 5 categories. If they missed 1 of the items, Canvas marked the whole question wrong with no partial credit. There is no way to allow partial c...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Ideas
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello,we are using python to refresh our tables nightly using a cron job.https://github.com/cedarville-university/canvas-auto-shifter

(Community Member)
Data and Analytics Group
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

To use MyEssayWriterAI effectively for generating essays, follow these steps:Prompt Input: Begin by providing the essay prompt or topic to MyEssayWriterAI.Prompt Analysis: Allow the AI to analyze the prompt and generate relevant insights and ideas.Th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum

Observer

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

You mentioned the first options I was going to suggest, but a better place to go is your local IT support team. They may be aware of local issues with your network (whether you are on or off campus) that might be affecting your Canvas access. It woul...

(Community Coach)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

You mention "ILP" - if that's a student information system that you use to provision user accounts in Canvas, it's likely that process is overwriting that change that your user is making. We had a similar problem at my college, where faculty who take...

(Community Coach)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

This is a question best directed to your local technical support team for students. The Help menu inside your Canvas instance likely has a link to that team. It would be great if their vigilance extended to the Canvas Question Forum, alas it does not...

(Community Coach)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Welcome @KatSarenac to the Instructure Community! Your question presents an opportunity to use Canvas creatively and got me thinking about a way to achieve the interests you describe. A Canvas assignment can be set up to allow for unlimited submissio...

(Community Coach)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Check the Canvas Guides document on gradebook filters: How do I create and manage filters in the Gradebook?  If you create and save a filter preset (like a range of dates), that preset will be available to you when you return to the gradebook.

(Community Coach)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Within the user interface for Canvas I'm aware of a couple of options. If you have just a few students, it might be easiest to impersonate them and download all of their submissions using the steps in this guide: How do I download assignment submissi...

(Community Coach)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

-If you say 'that doesn't seem work all of the time' - can you elaborate and are you always on a shared Item Bank? My colleagues and I have had multiple instances where we create testing questions in the Item Bank and share them with one another, onl...

(Community Member)
New Quizzes Discussion
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Finally found the solution after searching. My problem got resolved. Thanks a lot Chris.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi All,  We want to use Canvas quizzes for exams, using a complementary browser locking tool. Key caveat... we need a spell checker to be enabled while locked down. We trialled using Respondus LockDown Browser, but discovered that it does not have sp...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum

All Users

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In continuation with previous reply, I am sharing the image enrolled as teacher and student. I didnt find option to remove student enrollment. Please help me in this regard. Thank You.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

thanks for the reply Chris. As per your instructions, I noticed the same in canvas. for the courses to which I enrolled as teacher and student, I faced the problem.I didnt fine the option to un-enroll from the course . can you please help me in this ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have shared a Canvas Blueprint with some instructors before it is officially pushed in the "Observing" role. My understanding is that Observing role is a view-only mode! I did not want them to be able to edit anything. Today, I noticed some of my m...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

@adam_c_voyton really appreciate the feedback! A little clarification around the exclusion of Groups. We opted to expand the Assign To functionality so we could provide a streamlined, cohesive workflow, meaning we focused on getting the existing capa...

(Instructure)
The Product Blog
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When we are running our DAP synchronizer python script, we are running into issues going back to Feb 27. This was the last time it ran successfully and we noticed it 2 days ago. When diving into the issue we are finding that several tables now are tr...

(Community Member)
Data and Analytics Group

cd2 dap

DAP error syncdb in PostgreS...

syncdb

• 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We are currently trying to fix this. we switched to create user accounts by API without setting the user[skip_registration] and communication_channel[skip_confirmation]. So users not communication_channel comfirmed can not be manually enrolled by ema...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am eagerly anticipating the opportunity to utilize the Discussions Checkpoints feature in the near future. This feature promises to be incredibly valuable, addressing a significant need for educators. Currently, I advise my students to submit their...

(Community Participant)
The Product Blog
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We are planning to move away from Canvas shortly, as it is too big/expensive for our small needs. I managed to export course content and csv files with grades. But is there a way to export/backup student submissions including files that they submitte...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum

Canvas

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello Community,I'm currently working with the DAP CLI tool to import Canvas Data 2 into a database, but I'm running into an issue where the tables and column headers are created successfully but the table rows remain empty. This is after running the...

(Community Member)
Data and Analytics Group

Canvas Data CLI

cd2

DAP client library

• 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

@shirenv Introducing "organizational" level votes could be helpful to balance / enhance the voting landscape. Organizations roll-up faculty feedback, spend resources on training, and aggregate support tickets. You could:assign 1 organizational accoun...

(Community Member)
The Product Blog
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

thanks!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

@JamesSekcienski I've noted your vote for that functionality and appreciate you adding your voice here! Regarding your idea around assigning to no one -- I've definitely got this on my radar as we've heard this request quite a lot since releasing bul...

(Instructure)
The Product Blog
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I hope that the change in schools is a happy one, @Anne-BénédicteB! Each Canvas instance maintains user accounts separately, so likely you will get a new Canvas user for your new institution. To move your courses, what I would do is export each of th...

(Community Coach)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Welcome @FionaLambdin to the Instructure Community!  You mention Nuku but I'm going answer assuming you are writing about the Conversations (Inbox) in Canvas. My guess is that the permissions setting for your role prevent you from sending messages to...

(Community Coach)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies
Join and Host Live Events

Join and Host Live Events

Join a free live event hosted by employees and other Community members. Host a free event to share your knowledge and engage with users around the world.

View All Events

Upcoming Events