Search for product guides, answers, blogs, release notes, and more:
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2,108,902 members
475,390 posts

See what's happening in the Community

Read the lastest Community news and updates. Be informed about updates from our product teams. Catch up on trending discussions.

Hi All, Having issues with a Quiz. It is NOT retaining the Students correct answers when they go back to correct a wrong answers. I have gone in after their first  attempt and reset the QUIZ settings to Build on last attempt. I ticked the Enable buil...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi,I am a student in Interior Design and I would like to book an apointment with a tutor for Sketchup (arch 20) for tomorrow morning, Friday the 19th, but i don't know how to contact them. I saw this is only by appointment on Fridays. i saw the videa...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum

Canvas

• 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Thank you for the info @mclark19 ! When you reference reporting on the user_id, do you take into account any timestamp associated with the user's activity? In other words, how do you determine which record to consider as the actual user click - do yo...

(Community Novice)
Data and Analytics Group
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Problem statement: Students will take a quiz that allows multiple attempts, not like their grade, and immediately retake it without taking time to relax and re-review their notes/course materials. Proposed solution:Back when, WebCT had a setting that...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Ideas
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

OK, I've come around to agree that there are situations where it would be good for the teacher to be able to create a discussion topic where the identity of the student remains visible to the teacher but hidden from otehrs, as long as: - the option t...

(Community Champion)
Discussions/Announcements Redesign
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

That makes sense. Since your goal is to transform the data in the parquet files, I don't imagine you're keeping them longterm. But the smaller files would be faster and potentially less costly to download. I'm not sure if that outweighs compute costs...

(Community Coach)
Data and Analytics Group
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

The solutions listed here really should not be necessary.  I appreciate all the attempts.  However, there is no reason CANVAS can't create an option for a running unweighted total points column (an option to display it).  The way the assignments and ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I agree- if I told students their identities would be hidden from their classmates to foster more honest conversation and then went ahead and identified them to the group without permission- that would be unethical. Fortunately, the Discussion anonym...

(Community Explorer)
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

After pondering this a while and tooling around, I've found a work around for the cases where I would need to hit the Canvas OAuth2 API as an LTI tool server-to-server call (NOT using the standard in-browser redirect, operating "on behalf of the user...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hey @stimme, File size mostly. As an example, TSV/CSV are 2GB whereas the parquet counterparts are 150MB.

(Community Member)
Data and Analytics Group
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

@lschmidt71 Is there a reason not to fetch your data from DAP in TSV or CSV files rather than parquet?

(Community Coach)
Data and Analytics Group
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

@JOHN_HOLLOWAY  Re: I do offer full anonymity on comments about me as the instructor But students would have to take your word for it, and you may be perfectly reliable, but not everyone is.  And in certain circumstances for many people the temptatio...

(Community Champion)
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Are there instructions/guidelines for how an institution would like to make a web font available to be used in the RCE via a custom Canvas Theme? I've already done a proof of concept with the web font hosted on an external website and can get it to l...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Developers Group

Canvas Rich Content Editor

fonts

Rich Content Editor

web fonts

• 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

@melodyc_lam  When I did the research for this article, it was still stating that the trees in front of the Bellagio fountains were replaced by planters on wheels and it sounded like the area was still undoing many of the changes made for the F1. I g...

(Community Coach)
InstructureCon 2024 Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi @JustineEvansUMT - Thank you for rasing this discussion in the Community. This feels like a bug or something to report through Canvas Support. Once your ticket reaches our support agents, they'll take a closer look and diagnose the issue. Thank yo...

(Community Team)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When individual discussions posts are inadvertently deleted, the instructor should have the opportunity to restore information without going through an administrator  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I would never promise full anonymity for student comments on anything that other students are going to see. I do offer full anonymity on comments about me as the instructor or on the class but not for other students. Like with other tools, I would te...

(Community Explorer)
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In today's world, maintaining constant connectivity isn't assured. We are happy to share what we have considered and what we have achieved with Canvas offline mode support. The product manager of Canvas Mobile apps is sharing the latest updates. 

(Instructure)
The Product Blog

Canvas Mobile

• 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello;The New Quizzes icon is not displaying in the Course Summary. It does show in teacher and student view under the Quizzes nav item, but not in the feeds. Is this a setting?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

You may want to check if there's some kind of ad blocking or privacy setting on the iPhone preventing that reCAPTCHA from showing up.  I think it's the "Prevent Cross Site Tracking" checkbox:  Safari -> Preferences -> Privacy and uncheck the box that...

(Community Coach)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

@CASEYKROUSE  @jawmedina  @jawmedina Here is the other side of the argument.  Partial Anonymity is NO ANONYMITY.  If you're going to allow partial anonymity, don't even bother.  Why?  Because any Teacher, Designer, or Admin can change the settin...

(Community Champion)
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

@JeffreyBurleson Welcome! It is possible through the API -- you'll want to set enrollment[enrollment_state]  to 'invited'. Hope this helps!

(Community Coach)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I've been thinking about writing something like this to return student work and came across your question.  How did you get an API?  Do you have to go through canvas or your school?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Developers Group
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

HI there, @pmartinez  I'm also trying to find this answer about Classic Quizzes.  The first two links go to a release that notes that an instructor can see how many characters a student has submitted in their essay answer. not if there is a character...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi,We want to create a custom dashboard view that leverages outcomes to show learners what they have done, where they are going, and the complete "path". When a user logs on, they see in a glance what they should be doing. For reference, there are 8 ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Developers Group

CSS

custom

customize

dashboard

JSON

• 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I just spoke with Canvas Support. It is a known issue and will be address and a fix deployed. Our case has been attached to the other related cases.

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can also confirm that we are seeing this issue as well. We haven't nailed down the consistency yet. A teacher reported this first, and is using a Mac running latest version of Chrome browser. I was able to replicate the issue on Windows using Edge an...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi @Zooropa9476 / Allie, you are welome. I imagine that it is in the distributed nature of an LTi - we get similar lagging in New Quizzes and Analytics, both of which are LTi based. Best regards Paul

(Community Coach)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello @MattMiddleton, Within Canvas, yes, you are correct; there is no way to bulk change Canvas Pages. As @paul_fynn and @James have pointed out, there are ways to do this outside of the user interface via APIs, but these are more complex solutions....

(Community Coach)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi @braien_machado, I believe what you want is an Assignment Overrides call for this, most likely the create one.  I'm going to assume you're a bit familiar with the API and will find the linked guide helpful, but if you have questions around using t...

(Community Coach)
Canvas Developers Group
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies
Join and Host Live Events

Join and Host Live Events

Join a free live event hosted by employees and other Community members. Host a free event to share your knowledge and engage with users around the world.

View All Events