Search for product guides, answers, blogs, release notes, and more:
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2,107,411 members
475,124 posts

See what's happening in the Community

Read the lastest Community news and updates. Be informed about updates from our product teams. Catch up on trending discussions.

Problem statement: Text Entry submission can be copied and pasted. Possible Plagiarism if the answers can be copy paste in text entry.Proposed solution:To avoid this, I suggest that canvas will disable the copy paste to allow students to type directl...

(Community Member)
Canvas Ideas
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

This was very resourceful information. Thankyou for this.

(Community Member)
Contingency Resources
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Thanks so much.  I think our courses are set up differently- none of our assignments are in the syllabus.    I am able to leave feedback. I go to the gradebook, find the assignment, click on the top one and choose speed grader.  Then I progress down ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can you make each question a different Canvas quiz, and show the answers after they take that Canvas quiz?

(Community Coach)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I can leave comments on my new quizzes. I go under the "Syllabus" in the course, and click on that quiz. Then, on the right side of the screen, I click on "Speed Grader" in the top right of the screen:   From there I can click on the icon that shows...

(Community Coach)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This forum is for asking questions about Canvas, where people like me (who have no idea where you might attend school) answer questions.  This forum is for tech support. Your teacher will not see your post here. If I were you, I would message my teac...

(Community Coach)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello!  I enabled the Microsoft Immersive reader and I can see and use it while in the author/teacher view. But When I turn on Student view it doe not show up.  I made sure Pages was enabled and also Microsoft is updated as well. I am just confused w...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Good morningThere's upload for submission and the clock is ticking 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Good day Kindly note my assignment upload doesn't haven't upload option, it's only submit here button but no option to upload please aKind regards Gracious 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum

Admin

Canvas

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are experiencing the same issue and are advising instructors to decrease the Zoom percentage in their Chrome browser as a workaround. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Thanks both - all timezones were Z. I started the first incremental update at about 11am local time. I noticed the data gaps when I ran a query with a left join pseudonyms to users where the output was to be used as a sis_import (and discovered the u...

(Community Participant)
Data and Analytics Group
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

@LeventeHunyadi wrote: We are looking into providing referential integrity across tables, and have identified approaches how we can make this possible in a scalable manner. I hope this investigation includes providing referential integrity across Co...

(Community Participant)
Data and Analytics Group
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi there, @BarbaraKappler ... This is purely an assumption on my part (since I cannot see the files you are looking at), but also partly from experience as a former Zoom administrator for a higher ed college in Wisconsin...  Once a Zoom meeting has c...

(Community Coach)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

@gtg345x  You can access the "Gradebook" history page to view when an assignment was graded. Please follow the instructions here:  How do I view the history of all grading changes in the Gradebook? 

(Community Coach)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Today, DAP (a.k.a. Canvas Data 2) provides eventual consistency. We are looking into providing referential integrity across tables, and have identified approaches how we can make this possible in a scalable manner. (This is more challenging than it m...

(Instructure)
Data and Analytics Group
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Welcome to the world of Canvas Data 2 inconsistency. I am making some assumptions here, as your post is not completely clear to me.  If I understand correctly, You are using the DAP client to maintain a set of tables in PostgresAfter a recent run of ...

(Community Participant)
Data and Analytics Group
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi Jerry Thanks for the offer of help, appreciated. Going to look at the Canvas Data 2 feature as it may be useful in the future. We got the info using the provisioning report and some playing with the Vlookup. Cheers Ian

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is it possible to allow faculty users to upload pictures in their profile but not students?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Thank you for the resources! But, I was referencing (and perhaps I stated my original question poorly) the ability to now add extra time, adjust availability dates, etc. for attempts currently in progress. Previously, these types of changes only appl...

(Community Explorer)
New Quizzes Discussion
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

@BritLewis The moderate page in new quizzes allow for accommodations which is new and a moderate option which is similar to classic quizzes. The difference between the two is that changes to time extension with accommodations will be applied to every...

(Community Champion)
New Quizzes Discussion
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When enabling tasks for specific users after the task expiration closes, these results have been overwritten for the original task. How can I recover the original results?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum

Canvas

Instructional Designer

Instructor

• 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Problem statement: One problem I have encountered is that some users may be sensitive to content or topics presented on a Canvas page. For example, a student recently lost a pet and the poem on the page is about someone who loses a pet, but they had...

(Community Member)
Canvas Ideas
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can anyone point me to the product release or update about moderating attempts in New Quizzes that now allows for time extensions etc. to current, in progress attempts? I'm having a hard time finding anything. We are in the middle of finals and it ap...

(Community Explorer)
New Quizzes Discussion

moderate

New Quizzes

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Good Afternoon, I am waiting to here back from the Teachers that had the issues.  I will answer as soon as I hear back from them. Thank you  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Support will ask you to duplicate the quiz in the course you are copying from, and then use the "copy to" feature to recopy it but I'm still not sure why this continues to happen. We use master shells that we copy all of our content from each semeste...

(Community Explorer)
New Quizzes Discussion
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I recorded 3 teaching modules on Sunday (from one Zoom meeting). I understand how to copy the link and paste into Canvas. But I'd like to download and have these for more than 180 days. But each recording is 4-7 files. I'm confused about why there ar...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum

Instructor

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

@Hi @canvas_admin, I used Online Jquery to Javascript Converter - WorkVersatile, which converted your second and third lines, but didn't get the first line quite right.  I fixed that by looking at some of my own scripts which I switched from jQuery t...

(Community Coach)
Canvas Developers Group
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

@chriscas, that must have been it as it is working now. I wasn't aware of that issue so I'll make note of it now. Thank you! BTW, can you link to the converter you used? I have a feeling that will come in handy in the future.

(Community Champion)
Canvas Developers Group
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi @STEVENNATHMAN  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  This is a public discussion board for Canvas users from different schools all over the world.  While we can share our experiences with troubleshooting specific problems from a user point of view, t...

(Community Coach)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

@NathanGoodwin  I am guessing that your using LTI 1.3.  In the Launch data that you get from Canvas you should be having a param [id_token] which is a JWT. If you decode the JWT you will find the claims  Claim[sub] - This is the Canvas user IDClaim[h...

(Community Member)
Canvas Developers Group
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies
Join and Host Live Events

Join and Host Live Events

Join a free live event hosted by employees and other Community members. Host a free event to share your knowledge and engage with users around the world.

View All Events