How do I masquerade as a user in the Canvas app on my Android phone?

Document created by Canvas Doc Team Employee on Apr 19, 2017Last modified by Canvas Doc Team Employee on Sep 15, 2017
Version 7Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Masquerading, or becoming a user, allows admins to login as the user without a password. There are some limitations. You can take any action as though you are the user but the audit logs will show that you performed the tasks while masquerading. Only admins with the correct permissions can masquerade as other users.

Note: When masquerading as a user, language preferences do not apply and will always be shown in the default language.

Open User Navigation Menu

Open Course

On the dashboard, open the User Navigation Menu.

Open Settings

Open Announcements

Tap the Settings link.

Open Masquerade Feature

Open Masquerade Feature

At the bottom of the Settings window, double tap with two fingers.

Start Masquerading

Start Masquerading

In the User ID field [1], enter the Canvas ID number for the user. The domain will already be populated for you. Tap the Start Masquerading button [2].

Note: The user's Canvas ID can be found as part of the user's URL in the web version of Canvas. Make sure you have the user's ID associated with the correct Canvas URL (and the URL that you used to log in to the Canvas app).

Masquerade as User

Masquerade as User

Masquerade in Canvas as the user.

Stop Masquerading

Stop Masquerading

To stop masquerading, return to the Settings page and tap the Stop Masquerading button.

You are here
Table of Contents > Admin Only > How do I masquerade as a user in the Canvas app on my Android phone?

Attachments

Outcomes