How do I manage My Files in the Canvas app on my Android device?

Document created by Canvas Doc Team Employee on Apr 19, 2017Last modified by Canvas Doc Team Employee on Sep 15, 2017
Version 6Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

You can manage all the personal files in your Canvas account in the Canvas app.  

The images in this lesson are shown for a phone display, but unless otherwise noted, tablet displays mirror the same steps.

Open User Menu

Open User Menu

In the Dashboard, tap the User Menu icon.

View Profile

View Profile

Tap your profile icon.

Open Files

Open Files

Tap the Files link.

Manage My Files

Manage My Files

To manage a file, tap and hold the file.

To open the file, tap the Open button [1]. To download the file, tap the Download button [2]. To delete the file, tap the Delete button [3].

Note: You cannot create new folders, move files from one folder to another, or rename file items in the Canvas app for Android.

Upload File

Upload File

To upload a new file to a folder, tap the Upload icon.

Note: If you want an uploaded file to appear in a specific folder, open the folder before uploading the file. File items that are uploaded in the Root User Folder will be placed in the unfiled folder.

Select File Location

Select File Location

You can upload a file:

1. By taking a photo with your camera
  2. From your Android photo gallery
  3. From apps on your Device
  4. From other apps

View Attached File

View Attached File

Once the Canvas app has located or created your file, the file will appear in the attached files list [1].

If necessary, you can remove the imported file by tapping the Remove icon [2].

Add Additional Files

Add Additional Files

You can upload additional files by tapping the Add Item button.

Upload File

Upload File

When you have finished uploading files, tap the Upload link.

Note: Unless you opened a specific file folder before uploading the file, your file will appear in the unfiled folder.

You are here
Table of Contents > All Users > How do I manage My Files in the Canvas app on my Android device?

Attachments

Outcomes