How do I manage Course Files in the Canvas Student app on my iOS device?

Document created by Canvas Doc Team Employee on Apr 19, 2017Last modified by Canvas Doc Team Employee on Nov 7, 2017
Version 10Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Instructors can manage course files with the Canvas Student app.

The images in this lesson are shown for a phone display, but unless otherwise noted, tablet displays mirror the same steps.

Open Course

Open Course

In the Courses tab, tap the name of the course you'd like to view. Or if it is available, tap the Files icon.

Open Files

Open Files

Tap the Files link.

Add File

Add File

Tap the Add File icon.

Manage Course Files

Manage Course Files

The Add icon appears in every files window so you can build hierarchal levels of folders and files.

To create a new folder, tap the Add folder button [1]. To upload a file, tap the Upload file button [2].

Note: You cannot move files from one folder to another or rename file items in the Canvas Student app.

Add Folder

Add Folder

To create a new folder, tap the Add folder link.

Create Folder

Create Folder

To create a new folder, type the name of the folder in the text field [1]. Tap the Create Folder button [2].

Upload File

Upload File

To upload a file, tap the Upload file link. You can import and upload files from:

1. Your camera
  2. Dropbox
  3. Any third-party application

Import from Camera

Import from Camera

To import a file from your camera, tap the media icon.

To create a file by taking a photo or video, tap the Take Photo or Video... button [1]. To choose an existing file from your photo library, tap the Choose from Library... button [2].

Upload from Third-party App

Upload from Third-party App

You can also upload existing files from additional third-party applications. Swipe to the left to read the instructions about how to upload files from external apps into Canvas.

Select File

Select File

The selected file appears in your Files menu. Swipe to the left to locate the file [1].

If necessary, you can remove the file and import a new one by tapping the Delete icon [2].

Upload File

Upload File

Tap the Upload icon [1]. The Canvas Student app highlights the file with a yellow box. Tap the Submit link [2].

Manage Files

Manage Files

To delete a file or folder, swipe to the left and tap the Delete button.

Note: Unlike in user files, deleting a folder will delete all files within the folder without any warning.

You are here
Table of Contents > Instructor > How do I manage Course Files in the Canvas Student app on my iOS device?

Attachments

Outcomes