Tuesday, September 6, 2016 at https://plus.google.com/events/cpmqsbv6ra51bup68dm4nbt28ks
Starts at 1:00 PM · Ends at 2:00 PM, MDT (America/Denver)
It's back to school time again and there are some new outfits in the Canvas closet that are just waiting for you and your students! Join us as we highlight and explain some of best new features in the Canvas LMS
Participants who attend the session will learn about...
- Concluded/Inactive Enrollment Settings in Canvas & SpeedGrader
- New SpeedGrader Interface Changes and Comment Drafts
- How to make sense of Assignment settings that are Not Graded, Not Counted, Not for Points…
- Recent Canvas for iOS & Android Mobile App updates
- Changes Made in Canvas Commons
- How to setup a cool image for your Course on the Dashboard
- The all new Canvas Parent App
- and more...
- Google Slides
- Live YouTube Video (starts at 1pm MDT)
- Session recording: What's New in Canvas (Fall 2016)?
- Adam Williams
Instructional Technology Specialist & Canvas Coach at Coconino Community CollegeI've done a lot of things over my 31 years but the common thread has always been helping people. It is what I find most rewarding in this world. I am currently blessed with the opportunity to give back to the wonderful Coconino Community College by assisting faculty and staff utilize technology to achieve our goal of student success.
- Ken Black
Associate CTLE Director, Teaching & Learning Technologies at Dominican UniversityI am currently the Associate CTLE Director, Teaching & Learning Technologies at Dominican University in River Forest, IL. I provide faculty with workshops on Canvas as well as one-on-one assistance, video overviews, help with online instruction, etc. I have lived in Illinois my entire life, so with the political and economic climate in Illinois, your sympathy is welcome.
- Ryan Seilhamer
Instructional Designer at University of Central FloridaI have spent my entire professional career in distance learning at UCF, which has spanned 15 years. Within this time I have held different positions which include support, software development, video/audio production, and now instructional design and mobile product manager. I am currently an instructional designer involved with research related to emerging technologies and best practices for teaching and learning online. My current research interests are in the areas of mobile learning and digital textbooks where I leads the CDL Mobile Initiative (http://mobile.cdl.ucf.edu). I have published multiple journal articles, a book chapter, and numerous presentations (including three InstructureCons) related to distance learning, mobile, and eTextbooks. I won the 2014 UCF Outstanding Service Award for my work with mobile projects at UCF including UCFMobile and Instructure mobile. In 2006 I won a Telly Award for excellence in video production. My biggest strength is with the mobile apps. I have worked closely with the Instructure mobile teams since late 2012 to give feedback, test, and integrate their apps. In 2013, I started the Canvas Mobile User Group (CMUG) which now has over 100 members. I am immersed in all parts of Canvas. Being an Instructional Designer, I help my faculty case load (70 members) learn the ins and outs of Canvas and how to use it effectively. Technology plays a very important role in education. I feel we are only starting to realize the power of mobility and integration which will take us to the next level of learning. Using technology to build communities while facilitating immersive experiences is key to the next generation.
- I am fortunate to have dual roles at DeLasalle High School (a small, private Catholic high school in Minneapolis, Minnesota.) I teach a variety of studio and media arts classes and promote problem-solving and reflection within my student-centered environments. My goal is to blend the traditional studio experiences with technology applications for communication, collaboration, and organization. In addition to my teaching role, I actively participate on the Technology Committee, am the lead in-house Canvas trainer, and I work with faculty to advance pedagogy and their classroom technology integration.