Nov

Mobile Series: Speed Grading without Crashing (Fall 2016)

Created by communityteam Administrator on Sep 21, 2016

Monday, November 14, 2016 at ENROLL: https://resources.instructure.com/enroll/L747FE

Starts at 12:00 AM · Ends on Nov 21, 2016 at 1:00 AM, MDT (America/Denver)

Description

This course is being repeated by popular demand!

Ever wanted to practice grading on a mobile device using the SpeedGrader app? This 'crash' course includes a variety of assignments and submission types where you will be the assigned ‘teacher’ who gets to grade them all on-the-go! You’re probably thinking “Why would I want to grade something for fun when I have enough things to grade in my real courses?!” Well, my friends, this course will give you greater insights into the Speedgrader app and an opportunity to polish your grading skills while juggling all that other life stuff!

Course will be facilitated 100% via the Canvas mobile app for iOS and Android.

(Technically you could participate in the course via web - but that wouldn't be as fun.)

NOTE: This course is hosted on our Canvas Community instance of Canvas (resources.instructure.com). If you do not have a user account in that instance, you will be prompted to create one when you enroll.

Objectives

We structured this experience to be a series of hands-on activities using the SpeedGrader Mobile app. (NOTE: This course is not about best practices in designing/facilitating assignments on a mobile device, but about the mobile experience in grading.)

Participants who complete this course will gain additional practice with SpeedGrader app in assessing and providing feedback for different assignment types using:

• Comments
  • Rubrics
  • Audio/Video tools
  • Annotation tools

Additional Resources

The Mobile Guides - SpeedGrader App  is a great resource for how to use the Canvas Speedgrader mobile app. Please be familiar with the guides related to grading and feedback related to your respective devices.

IMPORTANT DATES
  • Course enrollment opens November 7, 2016 (RSVP to this event to be notified)
  • Course begins on Monday November 14, 2016 @12am MST
  • Course ends on Monday November 21, 2016 @ 11:59pm MST

ENROLL: https://resources.instructure.com/enroll/L747FE