Thursday, April 20, 2017 at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8oEXDCYgWg
Starts at 1:00 PM · Ends at 1:20 PM, MDT (America/Denver)
The "growth mindset" approach has been a game-changer in my classes, helping students to set goals for their own learning beyond just getting a grade. In this demo, I will show how I make growth mindset part of the class content and also how I use growth mindset as a course design principle in creating class assignments. I will focus on Canvas-based examples, like my Canvas widget of "Growth Mindset Cats" which anyone is free to use and/or adapt for their own purposes.
Contact Laura Gibbs in advance of the event with any questions or special requests.
- Teaching students about growth mindset.
- Using growth mindset LOLCats and other motivational memes.
- Helping students to explore growth mindset resources.
- Encouraging students to complete growth mindset challenges of their own.
- Using the challenge-based approach in designing class assignments.
- You can find the Growth Mindset Cats in my Widget Warehouse here: Widgets.MythFolklore.net
- The event will be recorded and shared, along with the slidedeck
- Laura Gibbs
Online Instructor at Univ. of Oklahoma / Arts & SciencesHappily teaching online at the University of Oklahoma since 2002.