Thursday, June 15, 2017 at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr4miAMb2bc
Starts at 1:00 PM · Ends at 1:20 PM, MDT (America/Denver)
Are you looking for a fun summer project? In Summer 2016, I built the "Freebookapalooza," a blog with free online books for my students, and it is now one of my most valuable and most used class resources. This demo introduces you to the main sources for free full-text online books, along with tips and tricks you can use to build your own Free Book Library blog for your own students, and then share the contents of that blog inside Canvas.
Contact Laura Gibbs in advance of the event with any questions or special requests.
- Learn about sources for free online books.
- Collect and organize those books in a blog.
- Share your online book blog with your students in Canvas.
- Take a look at my Freebookapalooza and see what you think!
- You can also see my randomizing book widgets: Freebookapalooza Book Widgets.
- The event will be recorded and shared, along with the slidedeck
This is one of my Latin LOLCats: Optimus magister bonus liber. The best teacher is a good book.
- Laura Gibbs
Online Instructor at Univ. of Oklahoma / Arts & SciencesHappily teaching online at the University of Oklahoma since 2002.