Friday, October 26, 2018 at Online
Starts at 4:00 PM · Ends at 4:45 PM, MDT (America/Denver)
ACCJC Determination of Regular and Effective Contact
Learn to design SLO-centric courses and manage grading in Canvas. Unlike numeric grading schemes, assignments are grouped and weighted by SLO. Grading rubrics communicate student progress and collect outcomes data simultaneously.
By the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Develop non-numeric grading strategies relevant to course SLO’s.
- Shift student focus from grades to course content.
Attend this event in one of three ways:
- Online from anywhere (Webinar Registration - Zoom)
- From a regional hub (How to Attend)
- From an on-campus viewing room
- Lisa Phares Marchand
ProfessorI’ve been an ESL professor at Cosumnes River College for nearly 3 decades. I present at conferences, serve on committees, and have been on ACCJC and IEPI teams. I have served as the Academic Senate President and in other leadership roles. As a consultant, I train faculty in SLO-centric Instruction and grading.