Wednesday, January 29, 2020 at https://podcasts.canvaslms.com
Starts at 6:00 PM · Ends at 7:00 PM, MST (America/Denver)
This event indicates availability of the Canvas product team tl;dr podcast.
- [00:00] Introduction—Matt Goodwin and Ryan Lufkin
- [03:00] Release Process—Matt Goodwin and Ryan Lufkin
- [05:00] New Gradebook—Jon Fenton
- [09:57] Direct Share—Lauren Williams and Jon Willesen
- [16:02] Parent Mobile App—Peyton Craighill
Discussion about this episode is welcome! Use the Comment link posted above or below this event.
For general feedback about this podcast, please see the Production Details section.
- Release Notes: Canvas LMS
- Canvas Release Calendar Overview
- What is the Canvas release schedule for beta, production, and test environments?
- How do I use Direct Share to copy an assignment to another course?
- How do I use Direct Share to send an assignment to another instructor?
- How do I use Direct Share to copy a discussion to another course?
- How do I use Direct Share to send a discussion to another instructor?
- How do I use Direct Share to copy a page to another course?
- How do I use Direct Share to send a page to another instructor?
- How do I use Direct Share to copy a quiz to another course?
- How do I use Direct Share to send a quiz to another instructor?
- How do I use Direct Share to copy a quiz to another course in New Quizzes?
- How do I use Direct Share to send a quiz to another instructor in New Quizzes?
- How do I manage content shared to me from other users?
Parent Mobile App
- Share insights about upcoming Canvas features and other improvements
- Discuss internal thoughts about the product process
- Explain the why of a product's development and benefit to customers
Podcasts are published the Wednesday following the Canvas release. For a release calendar, please see Canvas Release Calendar Overview.
Do you have an idea of something you'd like to see from the product team in future episodes? Email podcasts(at)instructure.com with your suggestions!
- Jon Willesen
Sr Software Engineer, Engineering at InstructureJon has been working in the software industry for 19 years, has 12 years of experience in the education industry, and has been at Instructure working on Canvas for 7 years. His hobbies include collecting and playing board games, 3D printing, and learning to play the tin whistle. Hearing customer success stories is one of his favorite parts about working on Canvas.
- Peyton Craighill
Sr. Product Manager at InstructureI’ve worked in product management at Instructure for five years, mostly on the Canvas mobile apps. I love my teams, and Canvas, and solving problems to make Canvas better.
- Lauren Williams
Product Manager at InstructureI became a Canvas convert during my time in graduate school, and now I'm lucky to play a part in making Canvas awesome. Outside of work you'll find me camping in National Parks or traveling around the globe.
- Jon Fenton
Product Manager at InstructureI worked at an Ed-Tech startup before joining Instructure and am now part of the Canvas product team. When not spending time with my family I can be found reading or playing board games.