Hello Canvas Community!
Our commitment to improving our Canvas analytics offering starts with the New Analytics release. This release focuses on interactive views for analytics within the course, as well as, the student view for a given course.
We've received insightful feedback since we launched to the beta environment back in Sep, and in production last month. We take your feedback seriously and are considering implementation and priority of each request.
As some of you may know, our approach to the product roadmap is to commit work to the closest upcoming quarters. This allows us to innovate with you as needed.
That said, here are some of the features you can expect in the coming months:
- bug affecting SIS ID column in the CSV download
- interaction improvements to the detail card in the Course Grade chart
- improvements to the data table layouts in the Course Grade and Weekly Online Activity charts
- improvements to the support and performance for large course sizes
- documentation for the updated API
- enabling the back browser button
- adding gestures and mouse scrolling for all charts
- end of life for legacy course analytics
- showing email subjects in the Communications chart
- improvements to the grade distribution data (to include mean, median, and mode)
There are improvements slated throughout the year so please stay tuned and keep the feedback coming!