- Welcome and initial questions
- Today's Focus - Course/Content engagement & common LTI's
- Discussion / Show & Tell
- Next Session - Topic Prep
Welcome and Questions:
- General discussion around how organisations are going with Canvas development and adoption at present.
- Looking to extend the network of orgnaisations within the User Group
- Based on feedback we will hold the User Group meetings on the 3rd Tuesday of each month at 1 pm AEST
- SCORM use in Canvas
Today's Focus - Course/Content engagement & Common LTI's:
- We shared some insight as to how engagement is enhanced using Core Canvas
- Reviewed data around the most common LTI's used in APAC region (refer to slides)
- In addition "redirect tool" is another very common LTI
Discussion / Show & Tell -
Catholic Education Office - Tasmania - Marion Weeks
- Current LTI's used
- SCORM - rise / storyline
- Google LTI
- New Quizzes
VIC - DOE - Shaun Goodwin / Daniela Di Luzio
- Current LTI's used
- Content is built directly into Canvas
All contributors mentioned the importance of continuous feedback loops as you embark on the Canvas Journey. Think, design, evaluate, improve. You don't need to wait to have the grandest of plans, getting started is the biggest step. Being adaptable and flexible with the feedback and changing circumstances that arise is important.
Next Session - Topic Prep
- Course / Content engagement ideas continued - we would all love to hear from others in this space. We know that it was equal first priority based on initial survey of users, so a good one to extend to another session.
- We will also start the discussion on Course & User Analytics to then lead us into September's (yes, September!) session
Could we please ask that you consider explaining or demonstrating a sample course to outline engagement strategy and common LTI's used. If you are yet to commence, what are your thoughts/ideas. There is no perfect "one way" we learn by being exposed to what others do and contextualizing this to meet oganisation needs.
Each of you have valuable ideas to share, fellow members may find the one piece of gold they've been looking for!
Date of next meet up - August 18th 1 pm. Register here