Now that Canvas Teacher is released (with over 100,000 downloads in its first two weeks of life!) and the focus group that helped us build it has wrapped up, we're looking for volunteers from CMUG to help us test pre-production versions of the app, usually a few days or a week before we release them to everybody else in stores.
There are two things we might need from you:
- Most importantly, we need you to tell us if you experience catastrophic failures. Here are some examples of catastrophic failures:
- "Wooooah, I can't log in anymore on the beta version."
- "Wooooah, the app is crashing every time I do [x] on the beta version."
- "Wooooah, this new beta feature is garbage."
- "Wooooah, I left my coffee on the counter and now I've gone too far to turn back."
- Sometimes we'll want to test a feature to see if it's working or not. In these cases, I'll post something in CMUG about what we're testing.
iOS users will get beta access through Apple's TestFlight app. Android users will get beta access directly from Google Play. TestFlight restricts the number of external testers we can have, so -- no hard feelings -- we may boot you from testing if you never look at beta versions.
We'll import new beta registrants on Fridays, and we'll leave this sign-up sheet available for the next few weeks, depending on how many responses we get. You'll receive an email from TestFlight or Google Play -- depending on your response -- when we get you added to our testers list.