Hello there, Canvas Mobile Users Group!
It’s been quiet around here lately! To help kick start some new collaboration in CMUG, Ryan, Kristin, and I designed a quest! Now, this quest will require some reflection and some writing. All of of the requirements center on mobile design and maximizing student engagement within the Canvas Student App.
Are you ready? Let me out line them for you!
- Read this blog post! (Easy, right?)
- Watch Ryan and Kenneth’s InstructureCon 2018 presentation Canvas Mobile Apps, Not Just for Students Anymore. Feel free to add a comment or a question under the video. While this isn’t a required part of the quest, it would be great to hear about your biggest takeaways from the presentation or your favorite tip and how it can be applied to your work. You could also ask a question!
- Participate in the Canvas Student | Favorite Feature Poll. This will be a way for CMUG members to see how opinions of students at various institutions are alike or different. For those of you who are up for a bonus challenge, there’s even a Google Form version of the poll you can share with your own students before you cast your vote.
- Read the Mobile App Design | Course Evaluation Checklist. You do not need to comment on Lily's bog. Just read and then think about how you could apply some of its content to your work.
- Write a Blog in CMUG. Based on what you learned from the video, the poll, the checklist, and the other mobile-friendly instructional design you’ve picked up along the way, write a blog and share your insights! If you want, feel free to use this template to get started.
Please note: When you work on quest components, to earn the badge, you have to click on the links in the badge itself. You can find this in your profile, then rewards. Completing it by following the instructions here won’t "complete" the steps that are required to award the badge.
Throughout the coming months, Ryan, Kristin, and I will help develop the discussion that take place as comments and in blogs throughout CMUG. It will be awesome to learn from each other as we browse the materials as I outlined above.
As I fly through CMUG in my newly designed super-suit, I’ll likely award some surprises along the way! Thank you in advance for your thoughtful comments and participation.