Oh, Link Validator tool! How do I love thee? Let me count the ways . . . and times you've saved me from a flood of student emails about a deleted link!
- I love that you let me know when links of any kind are invalid. Broken links=broken hearts.
- I love that you warn me when a link directs students to a previous Canvas site students can't access, rather than the current one, because the instructor/course designer copy & pasted content instead of using the Import Course Content tool. And that you don't judge me when I make this mistake myself (even though I know better).
- I love the way you tell me, gently, that the syllabus link on the course home page no longer works because the file is missing. You don't miss a thing.
- I love the way you make me feel like a superhero when I meet with faculty and help them to publish their Canvas sites with confidence.
- And lastly, dear Link Validator, thank you for always providing a kind reminder that students cannot access links to unpublished content.
When you validate course links, you're also validating me and all my instructional design best practices.Thanks for always being there for me.
Infinities of love,