This is a great idea - teachers helping teachers!
My Five, although I am sure there are more............
- Create an engaging, warm and informative welcome page (front page) in my classrooms,
- Provide content links as buttons on my home page for all useful areas and resources, including a clearly designated "Start Here" button;
- Provide a Canvas orientation,
- Provide a course orientation,
- Provide a downloadable Schedule of Studies,
- Limit left-side navigation items to the absolute minimum needed by the student,
- Provide an introductory page to all modules that includes:
- Overview of module,
- Module learning objectives,
- How those objectives can be met,
- A mini-schedule of studies for the module
- Create a standardized consistent module structure that includes consistent object naming,
- Provide accessibility information well beyond just the usual reference to the college's access services department,
- Provide embedded access to Student Services pages.
I told you there were more than five.
I hope some find this useful, and I am always ready to answer questions.