How do I go paperless in Canvas for my hybrid Statistics course? Here are nine ways I've cut down or cut out using paper for my class and instead use Canvas!
- Textbook - My textbook is OER and I provide the PDF in my Canvas Course!
- Syllabus - No printing of my 15+ page syllabus! It's in Canvas for my students to read!
- Handouts - I have a lot of handouts ranging from the course calendar to content specific handouts and they all get uploaded into Canvas and added to the appropriate Module!
- Assignment Directions/Instructions - All assignment directions/instructions are in Canvas and always available! No more" I lost the directions" or "I couldn't find them"!
- Statistics Tables - No more printed statistics tables! I provide the link to an awesome online Probability Distribution Calculator.
- Quizzes - No paper/pencil quizzes in my class! All quizzing is done in Canvas! My favorite part is that the questions are formula based (or there is a large question pool to draw from) so I can let students have multiple attempts. This helps students who aren't getting it to try and figure out what they aren't understanding and do better (or ask questions!!).
- Assignments - The majority of the Assignments for my class are turned in on Canvas (we do some hands-on stuff in the classroom) and graded in Canvas (I LOVE Speedgrader!). This works well because I'm not collecting papers from the students and it's easier/quicker to grade!
- Google Collaborations - I use Google Collaborations to create and share information/data with my students and my students use them all the time for their group projects!
- Attendance - Instead of keeping paper attendance I keep track of attendance in Canvas!