Today we as educators should have an easier time communicating with students and parents since we have so many internet resources and Canvas along with Google can be a great way to integrate so that parents and students are in powered in this education process. I an trying to improved my communication process through Canvas, but this have been a slow process. I know we have the Canvas app for Android and IOS. Here are somethings to consider when you want student and parents to be "in-the-know" when it comes to assignment completions, due dates especially for those who miss class time. Also establish Canvas tools for easier uploading assignments / projects to Canvas
- Put a link for the Canvas App instructions on the course navigation via Canvas External App tool for student access on their mobile devices.
- Also use this tool for important quick links to web-sites and other electronic resources
- Establish a Google sites web-page with regular assignment updates for all classes and have it link to your teacher
web-site on your school's teacher information page.
- Create page of current / future assignment due dates for parent quick access since many parent do not visit Canvas on a regular basics.
- Establish mobile communication with all parents to that can link them to Googles Sites web-page
- Use Canvas External tool to establish easy turn-in of electronic worksheets stored on google drive.