Synchronous learning through Sococo virtual classroom

Adding a synchronous learning component through a virtual classroom.

Sococo is being used at the corporate level for employees throughout the country.

https://vimeo.com/201283809

5 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Thank you for submitting this idea,  @rosalia5 ‌. We've put it into Moderating status for two reasons:

1) Canvas already has a virtual classroom component through the Conferences feature, our partnership with Big Blue Button. Please refer to What are Conferences? for more information.

2) If you are interested in the implementation of a partnership with a conferencing platform other than Big Blue Button, in order for this idea to move forward, the platform and its vendor need to be specified (in other words, the idea would need to specify Sococo, and if not that vendor, a different specific partner name). At that point, we can allow the idea to be open for voting as a potential partner integration.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

rosalia5
Community Novice
Author

Hello Stefanie!

Thanks for your response. I believe Soco allows individuals to visualize

the work envirnoment or in the case of integrating with Canvas, maybe a

school environment.

Here is the contact information for the company. I am not a sales

representative or have any personal or professional contact with this

company.

One of my friends works for a company here in Maryland that utilizes this

platform.

I suggested the idea on the forum because I believe that this could be a

game-changer for the Canvas platform if the company could integrate it to

a more "educational model".

This is up to Instructure to work out details. I have been an instructional

designer for over a decade.

I believe that this feature would make an incredible enhancement.

http://www.sococo.com/node/107

Respectfully,

Rosalia K. Reyes-Webb

On Wed, Nov 1, 2017 at 10:44 AM, stefaniesanders <instructure@jiveon.com>

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Thank you for responding,  @rosalia5 ‌. I've edited the title to reflect that the idea moving forward is specific to a partner integration with Sococo.

Cottrell137
Community Member

from the Community Team doesn't have a clue about SOCOCO.  SOCOCO is a virtual classroom like a virtual world.  Teachers and students are in a square for a classrooms and are seated at their own desk.  Looking at a room, one can see who is in it with them.  Students could change classrooms when periods change.  SOCOCO is a virtual world, NOT a conference/communication tool.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.