Student and Parent Notes

Idea created by Ann Ballentine on Nov 14, 2017
    Open for Voting
    Score0

I would like to see a feature in Canvas that allows teachers to make notes about student behavior or things that they may need to complete or notes that can indicate if a student had their phone out in class or slept in class or opted not to do an assignment. I know that you have notes sections in the assignments but sometimes I need to add notes that are not linked to a particular assignment only to a student. In the individual student view you have an email button where emails can be sent to parents. Could you please look at putting in a notes section. This also covers the teachers in the event that parents claim they were not informed about student behavior or other information pertaining to the student. In this day and age it is important that teachers document everything and having a notes section would allow us to do that. The prior program Progess book that we used had a little notes page next to each student and we could write in important messages for parents and students. It would appear at the bottom of the individual grades section.