Interactive Web Links

I would love to be able to insert a link to a website and be able to make it interactive by: inserting arrows & highlights to text, add sticky notes where I can add notes &/or Youtube videos, and post questions to be answered for a module.  This is very much what InsertLearning  is doing, but I would love to not have to go outside of Canvas to be able to use it inside a module for students.

5 Comments
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @jayers ...

I'm not sure if this would do all things you're asking, but have you investigated Annotate images and videos — ThingLink?  You can create a ThingLink interactive object, and then embed it in a page in your course.

jayers
Community Novice

Thank you for the suggestion. I've created ThingLinks and used them before, just not to this extent.  This proposal would make a live website have interactive features that I add.  InsertLearning is already doing this as an extension in Chrome.  I just don't want to have to create a classroom and add students to their database, when I already have one set up in Canvas

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

@jayers  

Thanks for the submission of this idea!

I did mark it as a 'partner integration' opportunity because it might have a quicker if it is looked at as a partner integration opportunity with InsertLearning!

jayers
Community Novice
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived