See what will be exported from gradebook to PowerTeacher Pro in "Grades" view

I would love to see which grades are to be updated in the "Gradebook" view. Currently canvas allows you to toggle which assignments are to be updated to Power Teacher Pro (PTP) on the "Assignments" page.  It would be so convenient to have a toggle by the name of each assignment in the "Gradebook" view. This way I would not have to change pages in order to double check which assignments will be updated. 

4 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Thanks for submitting this feature idea,  @lleavitt . Before we put this forward for consideration, we are hoping you can provide some clarity for the Community at large, in that "PTP" is not a Canvas term, nor is it one with which many people will be readily familiar. Is PTP the abbreviation for the student information system (SIS) used by your school—and if it is, would you edit the idea to reflect that?

bogardde
Community Participant

@lleavitt ‌ I agree! Before we moved from PowerTeacher to PowerTeacher Pro, we would see a list of assignments that were about to be posted, via a dialogue box that popped up when we clicked the grade posting button in the Gradebook. Timely information, and convenient! Would love to see it return in PT Pro.

Once you've rebranded your title for those Canvas folk who may not be familiar with the PTP acronym, I think you'll get a lot of support.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

bogardde, PTP = "Power Teacher Pro"! Thanks for illuminating the acronym.  @lleavitt , we've edited the idea description to reflect that, and the idea is open for voting.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.