Alert teachers about student comments/file uploads also in GUI

Idea created by Johan Fridell on Dec 28, 2017
    Open for Voting
    Score19

A teacher at our university has highlighted an issue that I think could be something to consider when it comes to future features for the GradeBook and/or SpeedGrader:

"When grading and a student submits a new comment or file, the notification by mail arrives as it should. However, the submission in the GUI is not marked as untreated/needs to be graded. So nothing appears on the right under the heading "To do" where I do think this should be listed. If I manually go to SpeedGrader, the students who have updated their submission with comment / attachments are not marked with the orange circle in the drop-down list at the top right. Even if I select the right student manually, the option "Use same rating for re-submission" is not displayed. (Because the new comments have not marked the submission as "re-submitted."

This is not a bug since everything works as intended, but it would be good for teachers to be alerted about this type of updates from students also in the GUI of Canvas. 

assignment details in student gradebook gradebook speedgrader comments graded assignment grading features