Search and Replace Assignment Content Box

(1)

Would be great to be able to perform a search the assignment content box and replace text.

In order to do this now-must go offline to a text editor to perform a search for a specific word and then replace all occurrences of it there.

For example-I have imported much content from other CMS thus must replace references to them in the assignment boxes or syllabus. Also, replacing dates, books, policies, times, dates, holidays, etc.

3 Comments
Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

@christy1  

It sounds like you are looking for a 'find and replace' feature within the rich text editor of Canvas?  If you use ctrl+f on a pc (cmd+f for mac) you can search the text, but there is no replace element.

awilliams
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hey  @christy1 . I have also needed this kind of functionality for web applications in other places. What I ended up going with was a browser extension called Search and Replace (Chrome Web Store). Since this extension has the ability to read and change things I keep it disabled except when I need it. This might work for you. Glad to have you with us here in the community. Thanks for taking the time to share your idea and thoughts.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.