Separate Rubrics for Multiple Submissions of the Same Assignment

Idea created by Mithra Pirooz on Feb 1, 2018
    Open for Voting
    Score17

Hello, I am a teaching assistant and graduate student in a psychology department. I have a suggestion regarding grading options in Canvas. We have an assignment in which students have the opportunity to make revisions and resubmit their assignment after receiving feedback on the first submission. Then, the higher of the two scores is entered into the grade book and used in their final grade calculation. Currently, we have a second column created for the second submission, as using the same column (or assignment) would require us to write over the rubric and score from their original submissions. After grading the revisions, we will have to manually change their grades to be the higher of the two submissions. However, students have been incorrectly submitting their second assignment (the revisions of the first) to the first assignment column. I like to suggest that the ability to use separate rubrics (or separate copies of the same rubric, that is) for multiple submissions of the same assignment be added to Canvas so that we could have it set to automatically use the higher score of two or more submissions in the final grade calculation. This would save us a lot of time and effort with grading. Thank you!

grading grading rubrics multiple rubrics