As we get busier with coursework we start to lose track of (or stop bother tracking) time, days and date. I propose a "Time Left" label that tells us the remaining amount of time we have left before deadline.
- Tells time left from now until deadline of tasks. Clear and visible in dashboard when we first open canvas.
- Helps us students manage our time better -- the timer acts as a psychological pressure.
- Reduces the risk of missing a submission due to wrong mental math.
- Months have varying days and sometimes we forget that (only 28 days in Feb this year). It would be great if the computer can calculate it for us.
The picture below shows my initial thoughts:
- Time left: dd, hh / hh, mm / mm, ss format where appropriate.
- Label text color becomes visible red/bold if there's less than a day left.
But of course, design is up to Canvas.