Highlight rating for students in a ranged rubric

Using the range option for rubrics works well when grading using the rubric because I can type a number and the corresponding rating is highlighted. However, the highlight does not appear on the student's view of the rubric. This is where it is most important -- a sighted student should not have to read the range for each rating to see where the score for that criterion fits.

The embedded screenshot shows the student view of a rubric used for grading with three criteria:

1. Student earned a perfect score and so the rating is highlighted
  2. Student earned a score within a rating range but the rating is not highlighted (it should be!)
  3. Student earned a score that matches neither rating for a criterion that does not have ranges (this is what we had before ranges were added if students did not earn a score that perfectly matches a rating)

Grading rubric with three criteria

7 Comments
Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

@ProfessorBeyrer ‌

I found a related idea that you may be interested in connecting on.  https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/10192-highlight-selected-criteria-in-rubrics-in-the-grades-pag... 

ProfessorBeyrer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@Renee_Carney  Thank You for mentioning that idea in your comment. I voted that one up too!

Sylvia_Ami
Community Contributor

@ProfessorBeyrer ‌ Can this idea be closed now? It looks like this was fixed in the Canvas Production Release Notes (2018-04-21)

ProfessorBeyrer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Yes it looks good. I did some testing and it works great. They listed it as a fixed bug and not a feature, so it should never have been an idea.

dcrice
Community Member

Sure would like to have a highlight tool in the e-rubrics

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed