Full office 365 Integration

I'd like to see Microsoft Teams and Skype for business integrated into Canvas.

7 Comments
Boekenoogen
Community Contributor

Integrating Microsoft Teams might help in groups or group work. 

awilliams
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Thank you for your feedback. This idea will be handled as an informative idea for partner integrations, but not so much for a Canvas change.  Our partnership team is always happy to help if a partner has questions.

ronmarx
Community Contributor

I guess this is an LTI development project for Microsoft. Hopefully, Instructure can encourage them to prioritize this integration.

Maeve_McCooey
Community Contributor

@lawrence_rodis  This would be great but I do think that the current O365 is still has a few issues that need resolved fully before another O365 integration is developed. 

Maeve_McCooey
Community Contributor

@jrboek  Microsoft Teams would be excellent for collaboration or as an alternative group tool.

GideonWilliams
Community Champion

I notice that Moodle now has integration with Teams - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/platform/moodleinstructions

Disappointing that this has not developed, howeveras  @Maeve_McCooey ‌ mentions, there are still so many things that need to be improved with the O365 integration..

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.