The ability to edit Global Announcements

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

Idea will be open for vote May 5 - August 5 Learn more about voting...

It would be nice to also be able to edit a Global Announcement.  Currently If you mess up, you have to recreate the announcement instead of just going in and editing the misspelled word.

Comments from Instructure

For more information, please read through the Canvas Production Release Notes (2016-04-02)

71 Comments
Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

Love this idea.  As an admin I found this to be a tedious process too!

Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Would really like to be able to edit Global Announcements.  I've messed up announcements I've posted (more than I want to admit), so I have to copy the text to my clipboard, delete the announcement, create a new announcement, and paste in the text.  Time could be saved by having a way to edit existing announcements.

marthazumack
Community Contributor

I agree! I've found that the formatting of announcements when published has not always matched what it appears when editing, as well, so at times I've had to delete and create a new announcement multiple times!

snugent
Community Champion

Agree with everybody here. I had to create an announcement once that had to have an image in it. I had to go through the similar process that students do when they want to embed an image in discussion. Very awkward process.

kbesaw
Instructure
Instructure

Several schools I work with would find this helpful as well.

kona
Community Champion

I agree with everyone that this would be a nice time saver. I've often made a silly mistake and had to completely recreate a global announcement.

dwillmore
Community Champion

This will get my vote.

cms_hickss
Community Contributor

I would also like a "Preview" button that allows me to see the announcement and edit it before it's saved and posted. That way any changes or typos can be corrected before users (teachers and students) in the system have seen it and dismissed/removed it from their feed.

John_Lowe
Community Champion

+1 for the Preview suggestion as well.

buellj
Community Contributor

Oh yes - it is such a pain to correct mistakes on global announcements now.