Removal of speedgrader button for practice quiz and ungraded survey

Idea created by Matthew de Jong on Jun 12, 2018
    Open for Voting
    Score1
    • Kelley L. Meeusen

Dear community,

Recently, we experienced some problems with the 'view in speedgrader' button which appears if you create an essay question (or any other text submission question) in a practice quiz or an ungraded survey. This button is not working at all. Hence, I would like to suggest a removal of this button, since this is the easiest option for you as Instructure. Currently, a lot of end users (teachers) are reporting this button as a problem, this reveals that it is very confusing for them. 

NB: This button appears only when you have not selected the option 'anonymous submissions'. 

You can find this button, after receiving one or more submissions, in the top right corner of the screen when you click on the practice quiz or ungraded survey. These buttons are named 'survey statistics' or 'quiz statistics'. See screenshots below:

The following button (red square) is the one where I am talking about:

Malfunction 'view in speedgrade' button for text entry submissions (such as essay questions) in a practice quiz or an ungraded survey

There have been some threads about this topic Speedgrader and Surveys  , and How to view essay submissions in a practice quiz or an ungraded survey . The last idea suggestion regarding this topic has been in 2016Do not provide SpeedGrader option for ungraded surveys, but I hope that we can now reach the treshold to solve this simple issue and remove this very confusing button.

Thanks in advance for your support.