Where's the Edit Feature in Discussions?

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

I have been a student at Collin for awhile now, and the one feature that I have always used for class discussions was the edit feature. This allowed me the opportunity to have a running response to a discussion while I continued to research other points that are listed in the discussion assignment. Unless I'm doing something wrong, there is no edit feature which forces students to only use Canvas for submission only. Seems like an expensive system for only that endeavor.

Comments from Instructure

For more information, please read through the Canvas Release Notes (2019-06-22)

5 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hello,  @tmadison1 ‌, you are almost undoubtedly not doing anything wrong. A student's ability to edit discussion posts is a setting that is enabled or disabled by the instructor of that course. This lesson shows the feature from the instructor's viewpoint: How do I allow students to edit and delete their own discussion posts in a course?‌ 

If the edit functionality is not available to you for the discussion posts in a particular course, please reach out directly to the instructor for guidance.

Since this remains existing functionality in Canvas, we've marked the idea for archival.

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas 

For more information, please read through the Canvas Release Notes (2019-06-22)

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

@tmadison1  Thank You  for submitting this idea. Your investment in this idea helped refine a feature which is now part of Canvas!

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed