Intra-Group Graded Peer Assessment (with anonymous feedback)

Idea created by Sebastian Diaz-Gasca on Oct 1, 2018
    Open for Voting
    Score0

I would like to setup an assignment where students grade each other. (This is part of a graded component within a broader project where students rate the collaboration and participation of their peers throughout the project). Ideally, I would be able to:

• Create groups of students (check)
    • Create a peer assessment where students can grade all their group mates. (so far you can only do this by manually assigning who gets to assess who on the peer reviews page)
    • Create an online rubric or questionnaire that students can follow (the best workaround so far is to get students to upload a mock file to trigger Canvas' peer assessment function, and then students can comment on the 'submission')
    • Student marks result in a final grade for the assessment that goes into the gradebook. (this is a function that is missing, grades would have to be collated manually from the feedback)
    • Feedback would be anonymous (right now you can choose if everyone sees everyone's names, or nobody sees names, which is the whole point of the assessment: to grade your group members on their performance).

I would love to know if anyone else has had a similar idea!