[New Quizzes] New Quizzes: Multiple Hot Spot

A feature in Hot Spot that would really benefit our students is the ability to have multiple hot spots in a single image. Eg: English students being able to go an image of text and identifying multiples of particular grammar usage in a single paragraph, or find-a-word scenarios - see the attached image as an example.

Added to Theme

32 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Thank you for sharing this idea,  @naomi2 ‌.

In case you're not yet using the new quiz tool, Quizzes.Next includes a hot spot question type, allowing for a single hot spot (How do I create a Hot Spot question in Quizzes.Next?). Creating a hot spot question with multiple hot spots in Quizzes.Next is under consideration for future development, as discussed in Multiple Hot Spots .

bram_bruggeman
Community Novice

This really would be very useful, quite logic

> Think geography maps, biology figures, anything really ... 

kpinkert
Community Member

I was working with teachers at a high school campus this week and I had multiple people ask me if they could have more than one hot spot on an image. This feature could be beneficial for many different subject areas and scenarios.

angelah_meekey
Community Member

This is why I have been using app.wizer.me for the last year and embedding the content into a page in Canvas.  Students being able to completely label a diagram in my science class is amazing!  Come on Canvas, I know you can do it!

jbornemann
Community Novice

math question - multi select hot spotThis is a question type for our new math standards.  it would work great for one hot spot question to have the box in each row to be clicked in.  Canvas please add this ability soon.

cvana
Community Novice

Well, hello "community.canvaslms./ideas/12953-miultiple-hot-spot" . I'm glad to meet you. Don't have a clue yet about what to do with you, but I'll figure it out. I'm a grad student in the C4CH program and I'm here looking for the paper my instructor Professor Cho just posted. Wish me luck! And thank you for being here. 
Cynthia Vana, C4CH Cohort 2022

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hi,  @cvana  Welcome to the Canvas Community! Well, this is quite the mystery! We don't know how you ended up here either. Smiley Happy 

This forum is where people post their questions and ideas about using Canvas software; students won't find their assignments on this site. Please log in to your Canvas course and ask your instructor for guidance on finding course activities. I found this page of contact links for students on the school website that might help you get re-oriented: New Student Orientation | Mizzou Online | University of Missouri 

tmcmannon
Community Novice

Like many of you, I'm suddenly trying to do online what I have always done in my face-to-face classes.  Today, I was trying to create a map quiz using Hotspot, and was surprised to learn that I can't use the same map for multiple items.  So I have to load in the same map 30 times to get my students to identify 30 places?  Really?  Can't we just use a numbering system, Canvas? 

cindyk
Community Participant

I'd really like this to work in two different ways.

1. Find one example that is true.
  2. Find everything that is needed.

I teach math, so if the image is one with points, lines, and planes:

1. Given a line, click on another line that is skew (there is more than one line that could be chosen)
  2. Click on two parallel lines (both have to be chosen).
aloomis
Community Participant

If you are making a map quiz on the 50 states of America, one would have to have 50 questions with 50 maps. Furthermore, one can not even copy and paste and then edit a hotspot quiz question! Could you allow for a hotspot "picture" with multiple questions attached to multiple answers? Something like what Seterra does? https://online.seterra.com/en/vgp/3003 

Thanks!

Aaron