Improve Canvas for Parents Filtering by Student and Course

Idea created by Aaron Gallagher on Nov 23, 2018
    Moderating
    Score0

I am the parent of multiple students in schools that utilize Canvas across our district. I find Canvas difficult to navigate due to the amount of information presented and the lack of ability to filter views by student. I have a couple of requests to improve this and I will write these requests in the agile software development user story format to hopefully make these easy to transfer from the idea phase to the development phase.

As a parent, I'd like to be able to view Canvas the way my student views canvas, so that I can see what they see when they are logged in.

As a parent of multiple students, I'd like to be able to filter Canvas by student, so that I can view all of Canvas for one of my students at a time.

As a parent of multiple students, I'd like to be able to filter the Canvas calendar view by student, so that I can view the entire calendar for one student at a time.

As a parent of multiple students with multiple courses, I'd like to be able to filter Canvas by course, so that I can view all of Canvas for one course at a time.