Formula Tutorials for Statistical Analysis Tool Fromulas

Idea created by Matthew Bittenbender on Dec 5, 2018
    Moderating
    Score0

There are many statistical equations in these modules for Lean Black Belt Six Sigma.  I mean, A LOT.  Unless you have a background or education in statistics this information makes little sense and bogs the student down.  It's impossible to full comprehend the material, the concepts and their uses then if you are unfamiliar with at least using them.

I propose that these sections with analysis tools that have formulas get some kind of interactive formula tutorial.  These sessions would guide a student through the process, showing them every step of the way with a pre-determined example with known outcome.  That way, when they end up completing the tutorial arriving at the same number they can see how it works.  In fact, there should be several as math skills are all about practice to gain familiarity and confidence in their use.  

It's important for Bisk to realize that not everyone coming into these classes has a background in stats or even anything beyond everyday math.  I have been in the business world for over 20 years and I still don't know hardly any of the formulas in the later LSS modules.  And learning about the tools, which to use and when and the accompanying formulas is too much to ask for an online class with minimum lecturing and teacher supervision.