Word Count

Idea created by Devon Waslusky on Apr 24, 2015
    Radar
    Score191
    Idea is currently in Product Radar Learn more about this stage...
      Idea will be open for vote May 5th, 2015 - August 5th, 2015  Learn more about voting...

Can we get a word count tool for our courses?

Well, I don't know about a word count minimum requirement.  I was just thinking put something in like the corner of the text box or in the toolbar where it shows how many words have been written.  Yeah, I've had assignments where I had to have a 300 word minimum, and would have to copy and paste it into Word to figure out if I had enough.  I think this is an easy script to make, but I don't want to assume anything since I have very little programming experience or ability.

Comments from Instructure

I have had this idea on my list to update for a bit now, but I was hoping for more detail before I updated it. This project actually turned out to be more difficult than originally thought. It also got set aside because more foundational projects that impacted it needed to be completed first. This has not dropped off of our radar though. I am going to move this idea back to product radar, with more accurately represents the status. We'll post any new updates when they are available.