Ability to Customize Text in Notifications

Idea created by Jennifer Conner on Mar 1, 2019
    Open for Voting
    Score1
    • Jennifer Conner

There are a few different thoughts to my request. Here is the general request:

Currently there are default message included in Canvas Notifications. I think it would be helpful if we had the ability to customize those notifications to give more context (or information) to the recipients of those messages. I saw that someone was requesting that the branding be customized, but I am referring specifically to the text in the notification. I did not see a way to do this. I am guessing it might be possible in the API, but that is not an option for us at this time.

To get more specific:

The notification that would be the most helpful to have customization on would be the course invite. When users are added to courses, you could include additional information about the course. Ideally, anyone with the ability to add users could customize this message, perhaps an additional field during the add user process? "Do you wish to include a custom message?" If that is not possible, I think at least having this at the admin level would be helpful.

canvas notifications canvas customization