Multiple Due Dates One time

Idea created by Timothy Thomack on Aug 8, 2019
    Open for Voting
    Score3
    • Steven Schwamenfeld
    • Rob Ditto
    • Linnea Thompson

My school is new to Canvas and we just entered our first wholesale rollover of course content from last years courses to this years courses.  For the most part things went like clock work, a phrase we are used to with Canvas related processes, BUT then we noticed that for many of my staff, MOST of the assignments did not maintain the due date from the previous year!  After some digging, we realized that this amazing feature of assigning "multiple due dates" for an assignment to cover multiple sections of a course is not as amazing as we thought!  Many of our teachers teach multiple sections of the same course and on different days, so this feature is necessary to communicate to students and parents when things are due in the course for that students particular section.  Canvas import course tool does not accept multiple due dates at all and left every assignment not designated to "everyone" for everyone of my faculty members BLANK!

I would like to see a way to carry the "multiple due dates" feature of assignments in a course from one year to the next to streamline the setup and pacing of a course from one year to the next.  Nearly every teacher using canvas would benefit from such a feature.  This would allow teachers to simply drag and drop on the calendar to modify due dates as needed instead of wholesale setting dates all over again every year for the rest of our days.