Post Letter Grade Based on Selected Outcomes

(9)

Canvas should allow teachers to have the option to post or report a current letter grade based on selected outcomes whenever they see fit. Right now, I want to post a letter grade at the end of each unit, but I have to do it by creating an assignment and going through each student's outcome "scores" for the determined unit learning outcomes. I'm often tracking more outcomes than what should count toward a student's unit grade, so I need the option to filter. This would help me communicate current progress to parents and students. 

6 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Thanks for sharing this idea,  @walshp1 . We have a related idea currently open for voting at https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/14519-add-option-of-grading-by-outcomes-instead-of-assessment-... 

walshp1
Community Novice
Author

Hi Stefanie,

I saw this idea, but it is not asking for the same thing, exactly. What

this idea asks makes sense-- and should be an option-- I'm asking for the

ability and control to post a grade based on CERTAIN outcomes selected by

ME at the time of posting.

Pamela Walsh

Language Arts | Valley High School

515-633-4059 | walshp@wdmcs.org | calendly.com/walshp

On Tue, Sep 24, 2019 at 1:18 PM stefaniesanders <instructure@jiveon.com>

Hildi_Pardo
Community Champion

Hi @Stef_retired  - you shared a link to a related idea, but when I click it, it says, "You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action."    How can I gain access to that area, please?  

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@Hildi_Pardo The link directs to a very old idea; it was initially submitted in July 2019 and was archived in the old forum after six months due to low community support. 

Hildi_Pardo
Community Champion
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived