Peer Review Rubric Display

(4)

I love the peer review feature, however, I wish there was a way to change how the rubric is displayed. When I want my students to do peer reviews of physical projects (posters, etc.) they have to click the "show rubric" feature, then the rubric is tiny and requires scrolling up and down as well as left and right. It would be nice to have a feature to enlarge the rubric and hide the "no submission" window. 

8 Comments
larsonkati
Community Novice

Here is an image of what the above describes: 

330896_Peer review issue.PNG

It would be helpful for students to be able to access the DocViewer and rubric so they are able to annotate and provide feedback within the paper while referencing the rubric to keep them on track with their evaluations.  The current view doesn't allow for this simultaneous access to these necessary tools, and it undervalues the peer review process, which can be a strong, formative assessment within a classroom. It would be more beneficial if it was modeled after SpeedGrader where the Doc Viewer shows the entire document and the rubric appears in its entirety next to the document instead of overlapping it.   

venitk
Community Champion

I completely agree! 

julie_hansen
Community Member

I have created a rubric with about 7 -9 different criteria for grading and then assigned each student to peer review 2 other students.  The issue is how to view the student review/score on the rubric and then give it a final grade.

Currently, when I go into SpeedGrader, I can see the other two students' feedback, but then to give my own feedback I need to click on "View Rubric" then save.  Once I save I can then toggle between the other two student reviews of the project submitted.  This is sort of clunky and it would be better to see the two students' feedback and rubric scores side by side and then somehow have a way for me to give my feedback and final score.

briddell
Community Participant

Students are complaining that they cannot see the rubrics for peer review. The rubrics are complex and complete (a requirement of the program) and the rubric box is scrollable, but not expandable. It would facilitate the peer review process if the rubric box could be expanded.

This is an example of how it looks to them now:

briddell_0-1613655673971.png

rebecca_denham
Community Participant

And I would like to add to this - could we PLEASE fix the naming on the save button for the rubric, it currently says "save comment" - it should say either "save" or "save rubric", and there should be a warning that lets students know that once they have saved their rubric, it cannot be changed.

save comment should be save rubric.jpg

GarrettKuss
Community Novice

Let students pop out the peer review on a rubric. It is way too small and unusable when you have it side by side with a paper you're grading.

SvenSorenson
Community Member

Yes the layout and interface with peer review needs a major overhaul:

1. Rubric located so you can view all the options
  2. Speedgrader screen (where you can read in the same window the uploaded files)
  3. A return button so the student can return to the assignment especially when they have more than one review
  4. A single report for teachers to download to view all peer review comments and rubric selections.
ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived