Tab Indicators

Idea created by Yasmin C on Mar 31, 2020
    Open for Voting
    Score4
    • Steven Schwamenfeld
    • Michael Arocho
    • Rob Ditto
    • Yasmin C

It would be very helpful to be able to see which tabs have new information posted in it without having to click it. For example, I am posting an announcement and a student posted in discussions. Let's say I clicked the homepage. Instead of having to click through my tabs, it would be nice if there was an indicator on the discussions tab to let me know that I need to check and read the discussions that were posted. This would be much more helpful than having to go to my email, open it, read that I have a new discussion, go back to canvas, and open discussions. The indicator could be much like the one we receive for the account tab when someone shares information with us. I think the most helpful tabs to create this feature for would be the calendar when a student has set up an appointment, discussion tab, announcements tab, and any other feature that allows student interaction/comments. This would also be helpful for most of the settings you already have in place for email, just switch it to within Canvas since I would already be there or leave it as an option. Please consider this. It would make navigating the website so much more effective and user friendly.