New Quizzes: Differentiated Feedback Based On Attempt

(2)

I've been using a system for math homework that I believe works really well. All of my homework assignments are Canvas quizzes and students get 2 attempts for each one. After the 1st attempt is submitted, for any question that a student gets wrong, they are given a "hint" through the 'wrong answer' feedback. Then they get their 2nd attempt. I have programmed Canvas to average the 2 attempts to discourage students from tanking the first attempt just to get the hints. The problem is that when a student gets the question wrong the second time, there's no way for me to program feedback to show them the fully worked-out solution, which I've prepared. They will just get the "hint" again. I propose that there be a way to program different feedback based on the attempt that the student is on. Thank you for taking the time to read my proposal.

3 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Thanks for sharing this idea,  @aaron_galit ; it's open for voting. As it moves forward for community consideration, you might be interested in supporting this related idea aimed at improving feedback to students: https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/10660-new-quizzes-immediate-feedback-in-quizzes 

epulham
Community Contributor

Absolutely, this would be amazing.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.