Module components Release by DATE without restriction

Delaying the Release of Modules

I figured out how to delay the module release setting but it only works for the whole published module.  There is no way to delay the other parts. So it works for the ENTIRE module but I can only see that it works if you unlock the assignments with in the module upon completion of the  previous parts which is not what we want.  
 .We want to unlock the parts within the module on certain days of the week even if the student has not done the other parts.  Right now we have to go in EVERY day and publish another part.  I know that it is not hard to push the publish button, but it would be nice to be able to unlock each section on the day we need to have it published.  Here is a screen shot of the module.  Note the dates that each part has to be published. We want it set to be automatic on those specific days. For example Let me set in advance publishing the Wednesday Task for 4/29 at 9:15.
Does this make sense?  Is there a way to do it?  I tried following the directions and I got the first part set up to publish on the 27th but I want to do the Wed. and Thurs. ones later.
Thanks
Karen
345853_pastedImage_1.png
3 Comments
awilliams
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hi,  @karen_jablon . We have a similar idea for pages open for voting at https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/7569-let-us-schedule-a-publish-date-time-for-content-pages" mo.... From the screenshot, it appears assignments are the content type you would like to schedule publishing for. We had an idea for that which was archived for lack of votes (https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/13437" modifiedtitle="true" title="Let us schedule a Publish D... ) but I am not seeing another one open now.

karen_jablon
Community Member

I like your idea. If we can delay posting announcements, I am not sure why we can't delay posting other things. I would think it would be very simple to do.

Karen Jablon- MS, MA

4th Grade Teacher

Waverly Elementary School

10220 Wetherburn Road

Ellicott City, MD 21042

karen_jablon@hcpss.org

410-313-2819

FAX 410-313-2824

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.