New Quizzes: Generate Unique Feedback for Formula Questions

Formula questions are super powerful but Canvas should automatically generate response-specific feedback for each student when a student gets the wrong answer that has the same numbers Canvas generated.

6 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@dglasberg ‌, are you using New Quizzes, and is the formula question created in accordance with the instructions in How do I create a Formula question in New Quizzes? , and then graded in Speedgrader? (How do I grade an assessment in New Quizzes? ) In Speedgrader, the instructor can add custom feedback specific to the student's response below the question.

Is that the functionality you're seeking? If not, please let us know. Thanks.

dglasberg
Community Explorer
Author

Hello,

I am using New Quizzes but when I want to provide feedback for

the wrong answer I have to type in a specific example. I cannot provide

feedback that uses the numbers Canvas generated for the variables.

On Tue, May 12, 2020 at 8:11 AM Stefanie Sanders <instructure@jiveon.com>

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@dglasberg ‌, after students have completed the quiz, instructors can write response-specific feedback in Speedgrader for each student. To be clear, is the request for Canvas to automatically generate a custom response for every possible answer to every formula question?

dglasberg
Community Explorer
Author

Yes it would be awesome for Canvas to automatically generate a custom

response for every possible answer to every formula question!

On Tue, May 12, 2020 at 8:59 AM Stefanie Sanders <instructure@jiveon.com>

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Thanks,  @dglasberg ‌, for working with us to define the scope of the idea. I've made a few slight edits to reflect the desired functionality and to align its terminology with New Quizzes, and have opened it for voting.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.