Allow user to set their course calendar colors

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas  Learn more about voting...

We would like to be able to chose the color assigned to particular calendars.  At times we crosslist sections and then the courses end up having very similar colors.  It would just be nice to be able to chose the color assigned.

Response from Instructure

Canvas Studio: Calendar Color Selector

10 Comments
scottdennis
Instructure
Instructure

@hpalmersheim ​

Thank you for taking the time to submit this feature idea.

I'm going to to ahead and archive this request rather than queue it for the next round of voting because there will be an item in the May 26th release notes that I think will make a lot of users happy.   Smiley Wink

scottdennis
Instructure
Instructure
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

I already played with this a bit. Great color choices, and if those aren't enough...custom colors. Now my calendars can match the colors I chose in my mobile app for each course.

snugent
Community Champion

You can add colors via the hex number. I created a tutorial on how to create or find a hex color number. Check it out at the link below.

Resources for Hex Colors

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Yup! That's what I was excited about in my original post. Smiley Wink

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

ROI.png

Thank you to  @hpalmersheim  for submitting this idea, as well as,  @KristinL ​ & snugent for your contributions. Your investment in this idea helped refine a feature which is now part of the Canvas! Smiley Happy

hpalmersheim
Community Novice
Author
Status changed to: Completed

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme