[Mobile - Canvas Teacher] Improved workflow from Mobile App to SCORM

We have recently started adding additional e-learning content to our courses in the form of SCORM packages (created and published using Articulate Rise). While these work beautifully on Canvas as viewed in a browser, the Android version of the mobile app does not support SCORM. To view SCORM content on the app, learners need to go know that they must open the content in Chrome, from the app (see below). For learners who are new to online learning, not very tech savvy or navigating the system in a second or third language, this kind of complicated workflow can mean they never actually get to the content.

It seems to me that the mobile app really should be able to support the same content that the browser version does, otherwise you have to plan different content for your students using your learning on different devices.

Image 2020-05-27 at 7.32.27 am

Added to Theme

3 Comments
elearnerMatt
Community Member

Hi, i am in a similar position as i am using Canvas to push out content for staff development. The fact it throws up error messages without asking the user to use their own mobile browser is frustrating. Cant the app just push out to an external browser for scorm by default?

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme