Google Apps - Make a Copy

As educators, we use Google apps to have students create material to share with their teachers. Having students receive their own copy of a document/deck/sheet/etc is a necessary ability to have when building content in Canvas. My request is that Canvas build in 1 button when attaching a Google app file to allow teachers to send a copy to each student (Google Make a Copy). If they do not click the button, then the shared doc would be posted for all to collaborate on. If teachers do click the button, then when students click the doc, it brings them to the Goole Make a Copy screen. I realize you can do this by altering the shared URL for a file, however with such a robust LMS, this button is needed. This feature has been in other LMS's for a long time, I was surprised Canvas did not have this already built-in.

1 Comment
ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.