Add tags to Announcements, Assignments, Conferences, Discussions, Inbox, Pages

Ever since I get used to the features in Announcements, Assignments, Conferences, Discussions, Inbox, and Pages in Canvas, I always thought of putting tags. During that time, we had to use brackets before the title, making things more inconvenient, always showing the tag in brackets in the page's title and index page.

Classic Pages tag

Here's how I want it to be like (these tags are actually called pills in InstUI terminology):

New Pages tag

If this is a huge milestone or a very important topic, we use the tag "Breaking News" in red and in all caps.

Breaking News tag

If we want to include it in a certain category, we use the tag for the corresponding category in blue (the default color in Canvas).

New Quizzes

Color Options

Use the following HTML template to create the tag.

<Pill color="xxxxx"></Pill>

where xxxxx is one of the following: primary, success, danger, info, warning, or alert

Sorting by high to low priority here.

alert (PURPLE)
Use this color for pages that may contain "This just in" articles, spoilers, etc. 

danger (RED)
Use this for corrections to previous articles, breaking news alerts, etc.

warning (ORANGE)
Use this color for things like exclusive articles that are hard to find, developing stories, due date reminders, etc.

success (GREEN)
Use for special achievements and milestones.

info (BLUE)
Use for course content that falls into various categories, as well as pages that may contain schedules.

primary (GRAY)
Use this color for assignment groups.

Want to learn more?

You can get more info here (Instructure UI > Pills).

Tags (2)
1 Comment
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@Kelvin_Dean ‌

We've archived this idea because it combines multiple requests that impact different content types in Canvas. Please read through How do I create a new feature idea in the Canvas Community?‌ for guidance on writing singular ideas.

If you would like to see these ideas considered by the Canvas Community, please write each one as its own idea submission: Announcements, Assignments, Conferences (third-party tool), Discussions, Inbox, Pages.

Thanks.